Friday, November 3, 2017

CHANGES TO MY STUDY PROGRAM

Since I was at school, I have thought that there are some subjects that are really unnecessary for the academic program, and also that those kind of things make you lost really important time in your life. In my case, I am studying Bioquemistry here at Universidad de Chile, and I am just at the Second Semester I can say something about my curricular program, though. At First Semester, I had to  take a subject called “Reasoning and Scientific Communication”, where everyone who were just beginning the career, could have the possibility of know a bit more about the career, the kind of job you could apply as a Bioquemical Scientific. In general the subject has a really good effect in the students, because it let them realize if Bioquemistry was their real dreamed career. The problem with this subject happened when we were at the middle of the semester, when it came to be a really boring class, where most of the people was doing anything else than paying attention. In cases like those, I think that is really necessary to change the program of that subject, something more interactive than a class where the teacher talks during three hours, about things that maybe are not  known  by students, because it is their first semester at the career!
Resultado de imagen para fcqyf uchile
Now, talking about faculty facilities, I would say that in our case, we have plenty of them, but maybe it should be in better conditions, I mean that we could have labs with tables in good conditions, good energy sources, and of course as a Chemical School of the University at least we should be full of every substance necessary for the correct development in chemical sciences.

Finally talking about teaching methods I would say that most of teachers (not all) has a really good develop in class, and of course, that is the most important thing, good teachers, make good professionals.   

2 comments:

  1. That is what happens with the subjects that are a little bad planned ... they are hours that can be better spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dante is boring :C im agree with you with all that you say about "reasoning and scientific communication"

    ReplyDelete